Introduction to Ecotoxicity Assessment for Hazard Communication
The Introduction to Ecotoxicity Assessment for Hazard Communication webinar is designed to introduce the basic principles of environmental science and environmental assessment. Students should expect to receive an overview of the principles of ecotoxicology and the process by which chemicals cause adverse effects to living organisms and their habitats. Special emphasis is placed on ecotoxicity assessments of organic compounds that directly apply to GHS and REACH/CLP regulations. During the webinar, the essential principles of aquatic and environmental chemistry, fate and transport of organic chemicals in the aquatic environment will be discussed. This webinar will be 1 hour long with a question and answer period at the end of the presentation. After participating in this webinar, students should feel equipped to take ChemADVISOR’S Performing Meaningful Ecotoxicity Assessments Course.
- Introduction to the principles of ecotoxicology
- Environmental fate and effect of organic chemicals, transport and partitioning, persistence, biodegradation and bioaccumulation
- Brief explanation of aquatic hazard classification and communication according to GHS
The cost of this webinar is $125 per log-in. Each webinar will start at 9am (Eastern Time) on the following dates.
Upcoming Course Dates
* - Location link contains directions/accommodation information
|Event Dates||Location *||Event Registration|
|To Be Determined||Your Facility||Request Form|
- All full day courses run from 8:30 am – 4:30pm. Half day courses will run from 8:30 am – noon.
- All slides, handouts and manuals are included in the course price where applicable.
- Lunch during full day courses is included.
- All travel expenses to and from the ChemADVISOR facilities, including hotel expenses, are not included in the course price.
- Payment is due in advance of the scheduled course date.
- Click here regarding pricing for this or any of our other courses.
- For more training information:
14 days prior to start of course - Full refund
7 days prior to start of course - 50% refund
Less than 7 days - no refund
ChemADVISOR reserves the right to reschedule training up to two weeks prior to the scheduled course start date.