Department of Transportation (DOT) Training and Global Variances Training Course Overview
Designed to satisfy the DOT’s general awareness training requirements and inform students about international variations, this two-day course teaches how to navigate and understand the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR). This includes:
- Classification of hazardous materials
- How to select the proper packaging
- When to use packaging exceptions
- How to select a proper shipping name and provide the proper description and emergency response information on the documentation
- How to properly mark, label, and placard the package and transport vehicle prior to offering the material for transport
In addition to the DOT training the course will provide an overview of some of the variances of the transport regulations of other countries. The coverage of global variances will provide information on the various differences between what DOT and other countries require. It will also compare the Hazardous Materials table to the Dangerous Goods lists used by other countries.
Training courses are primarily at our Pittsburgh, PA training facility and a few other locations around the US and EU. Some of our courses are online, as are an evolving list of webinars. Any of our courses can be also be scheduled privately for your company.
UPCOMING COURSE DATES
|Event Dates||Location||Seats Available||Event Registration|
|Aug 16, 2017 - Aug 17, 2017||Pittsburgh, PA||Closed||Registration Closed|
|Mar 20, 2018 - Mar 21, 2018||Pittsburgh, PA||Closed||Registration Closed|