For more information on GHS: An overview – Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS)
This two-day course is designed to provide experienced hazard communication professionals with information on the Globally Harmonized System.
Students attending this course will receive a copy of the sixth revised edition of the “Purple Book”.
The following aspects of GHS will be covered:
- Development history
- Harmonized classification criteria
- Requirements for the harmonized documents of hazard communication i.e., labeling and SDSs
- Status of GHS implementation around the world
This course covers the history of the Global Harmonized System and its resultant harmonized classification criteria and labeling and SDS requirements.
- Globally Harmonized System
- Classification Criteria
- Substance Workshop
- Classification Criteria
- Mixtures Workshop
- Hazard Communication
- Safety Data Sheets
- Dangerous Goods Implementation
- Status of GHS Implementation Around the World
This course is designed for people who have a working knowledge OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard or people who have completed ChemADVISOR’s US Hazard Communication Essentials or all three of the following: The Americas and Africa - SDS and Labelling, European Union - SDS and Labelling Essentials, Asia-Pacific - SDS and Labelling Essentials.
This course qualifies for recertification points for both ABIH and CHMMs. Contact the training coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Upcoming Course Dates
|Event Dates||Location *||Event Registration|
|To Be Determined||Your Facility||Request Form|
|Feb 14, 2017 - Feb 15, 2017||Pittsburgh, PA||Registration|
- Unless otherwise stated, all full day courses run from 8:30 am – 4:30pm. Half day courses will run from 8:30 am – noon.
- Upon registration for a full day course you will be sent a welcome packet including hotel recommendations and directions.
- All slides, handouts and manuals are included in the course price where applicable.
- Lunch during full day courses is included.
- All travel expenses to and from the ChemADVISOR facilities, including hotel expenses, are not included in the course price.
- Payment is due in advance of the scheduled course date.
- Click here regarding pricing for this or any of our other courses.
- For more training information email email@example.com
14 days prior to start of course - Full refund
7 days prior to start of course - 50% refund
Less than 7 days - no refund
ChemADVISOR reserves the right to reschedule training up to two weeks prior to the scheduled course start date.