Starting June 1, 2011, companies may have to notify the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs) that are present in articles they manufacture and import in the EU.
The European Chemical Agency (ECHA) has current and future substances identified as Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC). Once a substance is added to the SVHC Candidate List, Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of CHemicals (REACH) imposes immediate obligations on manufacturers and importers to disclose and notify the substances if present. Article 33(1) of the REACH Regulation states that manufacturers and importers of articles (products) are required to notify their customers of the presence of any SVHC in their products exceeding 0.1% by weight and provide instructions on safe use of the product.
REACH SVHC Compliance and Disclosure Requirements:
- Determine whether products contain any SVHCs in excess of 0.1% weight by product
- Disclose the presence of SVHCs in products within 45 days upon request from consumers or customers
- Ensure environmental compliance and safety of products
REACH SVHC Compliance Services:
ChemADVISOR offers consulting and assessment services for SVHC compliance including:
- REACH SVHC Screening
- REACH SVHC Information Collection and Verification Services
- REACH SVHC Notification Services
- REACH SVHC Strategy and Consulting
- REACH SVHC Supply Chain Implementation
- REACH Consulting Services
- REACH SVHC Candidate List
Request more information to see how ChemADVISOR can help your organization with REACH SVHC Compliance Services by emailing Info@ChemADVISOR.com.