This one day course is designed to provide experienced hazard communication professionals with information on hazard communication requirements in the European Union. Specifically covered are:
- The applicable regulatory framework
- Identification of any relevant standards or guidelines pertaining to hazard communication
- Classification scheme
- Labelling requirements
- Overview of REACH Impact
- C&L Notification
- SDS requirements
- Confidentiality provisions
The newly developed Globally Harmonized System (GHS) will be described and its impact on country hazard communication requirements will be discussed. The course concludes with an interactive discussion on implementation challenges and suggestions.
Regulatory Coverage / Agenda
This course covers hazard communication requirements for industrial products in the European Union. Non-member state country-specific variances are discussed as time permits.
- EU Chemicals legislation
- DSD & DPD Directives (67/548/EEC and 1999/45/EC)
- Transition to GHS - CLP Regulation (1272/2008)
- Hazard Communication Tools
- EU Label Preparation
- Symbols / Pictograms
- Hazard & Precautionary Statements
- Overview of Changes to Labels from REACH and Country-Specific Variations
- EU Label Preparation
- REACH Impact – Notification and Registration – Country-specific legislation
- Documentation Requirements – C&L Inventory
- Documentation Requirements – SDS Part 1
- EU SDS Preparation (Regulation 1272/2008)
- Overview of Changes to SDS from CLP / REACH Regulations
- The Extended SDS
- Other Impacts of the Chemical Safety Report to the SDS
- National legislation (CHIP, etc.) incl. candidate countries
This course does not cover the chemical evaluation and classification process according to the CLP Regulation. For in depth training on European Union compliance, see ChemADVISOR’s European SDS and Labelling Course (3-day).
Upcoming Course Dates
|Event Dates||Location *||Event Registration|
|To Be Determined||Your Facility||Request Form|
- Unless otherwise stated, all full day courses run from 8:30 am – 4:30pm. Half day courses will run from 8:30 am – noon.
- Upon registration for a full day course you will be sent a welcome packet including hotel recommendations and directions.
- All slides, handouts and manuals are included in the course price where applicable.
- Lunch during full day courses is included.
- All travel expenses to and from the ChemADVISOR facilities, including hotel expenses, are not included in the course price.
- Payment is due in advance of the scheduled course date.
- Click here regarding pricing for this or any of our other courses.
- For more training information email firstname.lastname@example.org
14 days prior to start of course - Full refund
7 days prior to start of course - 50% refund
Less than 7 days - no refund
ChemADVISOR reserves the right to reschedule training up to two weeks prior to the scheduled course start date.