This two-day course is intended for those who need to learn how to prepare Premanufacture Notices (PMNs), Significant New Use Notices (SNUNs), and PMN Exemption Applications. It assumes that attendees are already acquainted with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) new chemicals program and with the corresponding regulations promulgated by EPA under Section 5 of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
Thus, the course begins with a brief review of the TSCA Inventory, Premanufacture Notification (PMN) requirements, PMN exemption eligibility criteria, and Significant New Use Rules (SNURs). It continues with an introduction to the e-PMN final rule and the eTSCA/e-PMN software. The course then moves on to a detailed discussion of the PMN preparation process using the software, including general instructions for completing the PMN form, as well as step-by-step instructions for each of the three parts of the form. This is followed by a discussion of EPA's PMN Review Process. Finally, the course concludes by discussing the possible outcomes of the review process, the means by which a submitter can track the status of a PMN as it moves through the process, and the Sustainable Futures Initiative, under which chemical manufacturers and importers can access the same risk-screening models the EPA uses to evaluate new chemicals before they enter into commerce.
This course is based primarily upon EPA regulations regarding:
- Premanufacture Notification at 40 CFR Part 720;
- Significant New Uses of Chemical Substances at 40 CFR Part 721; and
- Premanufacture Notification Exemptions at 40 CFR Part 723.
The course material is divided into nine modules, as shown below.
- Review of the TSCA Inventory
- Review of Section 5 Requirements
- The e-PMN Final Rule
- General Instructions for Reporting
- Part I - General Information
- Part II - Human Exposure and Environmental Release
- Part III - List of Attachments
- EPA's PMN Review Process
- Course Wrap-Up
Completion of ChemADVISOR's TSCA Essentials course or equivalent knowledge.
Upcoming Course Dates
* - Location link contains directions/accommodation information
- All full day courses run from 8:30 am – 4:30pm. Half day courses will run from 8:30 am – noon.
- All slides, handouts and manuals are included in the course price where applicable.
- Lunch during full day courses is included.
- All travel expenses to and from the ChemADVISOR facilities, including hotel expenses, are not included in the course price.
- Payment is due in advance of the scheduled course date.
- Click here regarding pricing for this or any of our other courses.
- For more training information:
14 days prior to start of course - Full refund
7 days prior to start of course - 50% refund
Less than 7 days - no refund
ChemADVISOR reserves the right to reschedule training up to two weeks prior to the scheduled course start date.