The REACH Essentials course is designed to provide industry professionals with not only an overview of the new EU chemicals policy, but also the essential tools for compliance to its requirements. While this one-day course assumes that attendees bring with them minimal knowledge of the Regulation, it offers attendees the opportunity to address specific specialized topics, including formulating registration dossiers and chemical safety reports in addition to understanding changes in SDS. The emphasis of the course will be predominately topics of interest to industry professionals such as the registration process, requirements for downstream-users, data sharing, and documentation. In light of the complexity of REACH's scope and staggered implementation dates for its provisions, the course will include a comprehensive discussion on the Regulation's timeline and applicability as well as any affected legislation. The REACH Essentials course is focused on the regulation itself and specifically addresses REACH requirements in terms of the regulatory text. Upon conclusion of the course, students should be able to competently navigate the intricate web of definitions, implementation schedules, and requisite documentation required for compliance to REACH.
Typically offered on consecutive days, REACH Essentials and REACH Practical Implementation, when taken together, provide attendees with the necessary tools to begin implementing compliance to this very intricate and complex Regulation. While not required, it is recommended that attendees take REACH Essentials prior to the Practical Implementation course.
- REACH Essentials - Regulatory Focus
- Documentation Requirements – C&L Inventory
- Documentation Requirements – SDS Part 1
- Documentation Requirements – Information in the Supply Chain
- Documentation Requirements – CSRs
- Documentation Requirements – SDS Part 2
- Documentation Requirements – The Registration Dossier
- Downstream User Requirement
- Upcoming Releases
This course is worth 1.09 Industrial Hygiene CM Points
- 2009 (Approval #: 09-628)
- 2010 (Approval #: 10-453)
- 2011 (Approval #: 10-453)
Upcoming Course Dates
To request a quote for on-site REACH training, please complete the REACH Quote Request form.
* - Location link contains directions/accommodation information
- All full day courses run from 8:30 am – 4:30pm. Half day courses will run from 8:30 am – noon.
- All slides, handouts and manuals are included in the course price where applicable.
- Lunch during full day courses is included.
- All travel expenses to and from the ChemADVISOR facilities, including hotel expenses,are not included in the course price.
- Payment is due in advance of the scheduled course date.
- Click here regarding pricing for this or any of our other courses.
- For more training information:
14 days prior to start of course - Full refund
7 days prior to start of course - 50% refund
Less than 7 days - no refund
ChemADVISOR reserves the right to reschedule training up to two weeks prior to the scheduled course start date.