This one-day course provides a comprehensive overview of the chemical control framework in Japan. It covers current Japanese regulations concerning hazardous chemical substances and their production, import, and use, as well as some essential hazard communication requirements including the GHS-based labeling and SDS requirements implemented by Japan. The course also discusses new substance notification systems and the procedures involving notification, highlighting features of Japanese inventories under the Chemical Substance Control Law and the Industrial Safety and Health Law. Effective in April 2011, risk assessment of existing chemical substances has been implemented in Japan, and now any business that manufactures or imports chemical substance in Japan is required to report annual tonnage and usage information of its chemical to the government. The course is mainly aimed to assist the businesses that deal with chemicals and chemical products in Japan by introducing not only the basic concept and scope of the each law and regulation but also practical guidance and tools that help them comply with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Chemical Substances Control Law (CSCL)
- New chemical substance notification under CSCL
- Risk assessment and reporting requirements for existing chemical substances
- Inventory of Existing and New Chemical Substances (Japan ENCS inventory)
- Industrial Safety and Health Law (ISHL)
- Hazardous chemical substances under ISHL
- Hazard communication requirements under ISHL
- New chemical substance notification under ISHL
- ISHL Inventory
- Poisonous and Deleterious Substance Control Law (PDSCL)
- Lists of poisonous and deleterious substances
- License requirement for distributor of poisonous and deleterious substances
- Import requirements of poisonous and deleterious substances
- Hazard communication requirements under PDSCL
- Law for PRTR and Promotion of Chemical Management (PRTR Law)
- PRTR system in Japan
- Designated substances
- Businesses subject to PRTR system
- Hazard communication system under PRTR Law
- Regulations concerning Transport of Dangerous Substances in Japan
- Explosives Control Act
- High Pressure Gas Safety Act
- Fire Service Act
- Japan GHS
- Overview of hazard communication system in Japan
- Implementation status of Japan GHS
- Laws and regulations concerning hazard communication
- Japanese Industrial Standards for GHS classification, Labeling and SDS
Upcoming Course Dates
* - Location link contains directions/accommodation information
- All full day courses run from 8:30 am – 4:30pm. Half day courses will run from 8:30 am – noon.
- All slides, handouts and manuals are included in the course price where applicable.
- Lunch during full day courses is included.
- All travel expenses to and from the ChemADVISOR facilities, including hotel expenses, are not included in the course price.
- Payment is due in advance of the scheduled course date.
- Click here regarding pricing for this or any of our other courses.
- For more training information:
- Phone: +1-412-847-2000 or 800-466-3750 (United States)
14 days prior to start of course - Full refund
7 days prior to start of course - 50% refund
Less than 7 days - no refund
ChemADVISOR reserves the right to reschedule training up to two weeks prior to the scheduled course start date.