Having problems or difficulties completing papers for international hazardous materials shipments? If you’re like most people, you simply assume that the classification and shipping description for domestic shipments is sufficient, but there are differences between these regulations.
ChemADVISOR’s one day International Transportation Regulations course is designed to give people involved with international hazardous materials shipments an overview of the different regulations governing these shipments around the world.
This course lists the differences between the most commonly used UN-based regulations and it also covers some not so common or well-known regulations. Those covered include:
United Nations Recommendations
- North American
- TDG – Canada
- NOM – Mexico
- European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR)
- International Organization for International Carriage by Rail (RID)
- European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Inland Waterways (ADN)
Australian Dangerous Goods (ADG)
Japan Ship Safety Act (日本船舶安全法)
Japan Aviation Act (日本航空法)
Brief overview of the following:
- New Zealand
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Peru, Venezuela and Chile)
This course is designed for people who are already familiar with DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations, International Air Transport Association (IATA) and International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG Code) or people who have already completed a DOT recertification training course.
- Purpose of the course
- Brief overview of the hazard classes
For each of the regulations covered in this course (see above) the following topics will be covered:
- History of the regulation
- Structure of the regulation
- Illustration and use of the hazmat/dangerous goods tables
- Training requirements
- Shipping paper basics
- Which materials need shipping papers
- Required format for shipping papers
- Emergency response requirements
- Unique requirements applicable to a given regulation
- Where to go for additional information, citations and website references
This course is worth 1.59 Industrial Hygiene CM Points
- 2009 (Approval #: 09-625)
- 2010 (Approval #: 10-460)
- 2011 (Approval #: 10-3881)
This course is worth 1.0 Industrial Hygiene CM Points
- 2011 (Approval #: 11-2998) As of 9/2011
Upcoming Course Dates
* - Location link contains directions/accommodation information
|Event Dates||Location *||Event Registration|
|To Be Determined||Your Facility||Request Form|
- All full day courses run from 8:30 am – 4:30pm. Half day courses will run from 8:30 am – noon.
- All slides, handouts and manuals are included in the course price where applicable.
- Lunch during full day courses is included.
- All travel expenses to and from the ChemADVISOR facilities, including hotel expenses, are not included in the course price.
- Payment is due in advance of the scheduled course date.
- Click here regarding pricing for this or any of our other courses.
- For more training information:
- Phone: +1-412-847-2000 or 800-466-3750 (United States)
14 days prior to start of course - Full refund
7 days prior to start of course - 50% refund
Less than 7 days - no refund
ChemADVISOR reserves the right to reschedule training up to two weeks prior to the scheduled course start date.