Extended Safety Data Sheets
This half-day online course is to provide an overview of the requirements for Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Extended Safety Data Sheets (eSDS) in the EU. Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of CHemicals (REACH) Annex II has new information that needs to be included in SDSs. The REACH regulation also has requirements for placing relevant exposure scenarios into an annex of the SDS. There are several options for including exposure scenarios in SDSs. The course will cover information requirements for SDSs, exposure scenarios, and eSDSs, including consistency checks, information relevant for downstream users, and where to find information.
- What is the relation between CLP, GHS and REACH
- The new Annex II of the REACH Regulation
- Who must provide an eSDS
- Overview of the new elements for SDSs
- How to ensure consistency and completeness of the eSDS
- When is it required to attach an exposure scenario to the SDS
- Inclusion of exposure scenario(s) and different exposure scenario formats
- Comparison and consistency check of the main body of the SDS with the Annex (exposure scenario)
- Information in the SDS relevant for compliance with downstream user obligations
- Where to find information in an SDS for downstream users
- Timeline for the application of CLP labelling requirements and REACH requirements
This course is worth 0.50 Industrial Hygiene CM Points
- 2010 (Approval #: 10-2915)
- 2011 (Approval #: 10-3871)
Upcoming Course Dates
* - Location link contains directions/accommodation information
- All full day courses run from 8:30 am – 4:30pm. Half day courses will run from 8:30 am – noon.
- All slides, handouts and manuals are included in the course price where applicable.
- Lunch during full day courses is included.
- All travel expenses to and from the ChemADVISOR facilities, including hotel expenses, are not included in the course price.
- Payment is due in advance of the scheduled course date.
- Click here regarding pricing for this or any of our other courses.
- For more training information:
14 days prior to start of course - Full refund
7 days prior to start of course - 50% refund
Less than 7 days - no refund
ChemADVISOR reserves the right to reschedule training up to two weeks prior to the scheduled course start date.