EU CLP: Alternative Chemical Name for a Substance in Mixtures
Manufacturers or importers who place mixtures on the EU market and are concerned about disclosing the full composition of a mixture, on the label, or in the Safety Data Sheet (SDS), can request the use of an alternative chemical name for a substance to protect their confidential business information.
Requests that follow the classification criteria of CLP ((EC) 1272/2008) should be submitted to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA).
In the webinar we will discuss the substance criteria to qualify for an alternative chemical name. We will show how to prepare and submit the request dossier to ECHA.
This webinar will be offered during the following dates and times.
- November 14, 2013, Thursday, 9am (Eastern Time)
- January 23, 2014, Thursday, 2pm (Eastern Time)
- The Basics
- What is CLP?
- What is REACH-IT?
- What is IUCLID5?
- Navigating the ECHA website
- Where to find important information on CLP
- Where to find guidance on REACH-IT and IUCLID5
- Which substances qualify for an alternative name request?
- Community workplace exposure limits
- Health and safety precautions at the workplace
- Certain hazard classes
- Submission of the request dossier to the European Chemicals Agency
- How to prepare and submit a request dossier using IUCLID5 and REACH-IT
To know if your substances in mixtures qualify for an alternative chemical name request, to know how to prepare and submit an alternative name request dossier to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), to protect your confidential business information.
Regulatory Affairs & Compliance Specialists, Product and Marketing managers.
Upcoming Course Dates* - Location link contains directions/accommodation information
- All full day courses run from 8:30 am – 4:30pm. Half day courses will run from 8:30 am – noon.
- All slides, handouts and manuals are included in the course price where applicable.
- Lunch during full day courses is included.
- All travel expenses to and from the ChemADVISOR facilities, including hotel expenses, are not included in the course price.
- Payment is due in advance of the scheduled course date.
- Click here regarding pricing for this or any of our other courses.
- For more training information:
14 days prior to start of course - Full refund
7 days prior to start of course - 50% refund
Less than 7 days - no refund
ChemADVISOR reserves the right to reschedule training up to two weeks prior to the scheduled course start date.