Manufacturers or importers who place mixtures on the EU market and are concerned about disclosing the full composition of a mixture, on the label, or in the Safety Data Sheet (SDS), can request the use of an alternative chemical name for a substance to protect their confidential business information.
Requests that follow the classification criteria of CLP ((EC) 1272/2008) should be submitted to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA).
In the webinar we will discuss the substance criteria to qualify for an alternative chemical name. We will show how to prepare and submit the request dossier to ECHA.
This webinar will be offered during the following dates and times.
- July 24, 2014, Thursday, 9am (Eastern Time)
- The Basics
- What is CLP?
- What is REACH-IT?
- What is IUCLID5?
- Navigating the ECHA website
- Where to find important information on CLP
- Where to find guidance on REACH-IT and IUCLID5
- Which substances qualify for an alternative name request?
- Community workplace exposure limits
- Health and safety precautions at the workplace
- Certain hazard classes
- Submission of the request dossier to the European Chemicals Agency
- How to prepare and submit a request dossier using IUCLID5 and REACH-IT
To know if your substances in mixtures qualify for an alternative chemical name request, to know how to prepare and submit an alternative name request dossier to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), to protect your confidential business information.
Regulatory Affairs & Compliance Specialists, Product and Marketing managers.
Upcoming Course Dates
|Event Dates||Location *||Event Registration|
|To Be Determined||Your Facility||Request Form|
|Jun 09, 2015||Online||Registration|