This half-day online refresher course provides students with the basic skills needed to prepare, offer and accept shipments of dangerous goods by air transport. This course will provide students the knowledge and background necessary to satisfy recurrent training requirements based on the International Air Transport Association (IATA) regulations and 49 CFR, Code of Federal Regulations.
As a prerequisite, students should have already taken initial or recurrent training within the previous 24 months.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Purpose and Scope
- History of the Regulation
- Relationship between 49 CFR and the IATA and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Regulations
- Structure of the Regulation
- Training Requirements
- General Requirements for Shippers
- Overview of Hazard Class Definitions
- Use of IATA Dangerous Goods List and Special Provisions
- How to select the correct Proper Shipping Name
- Use of Packaging Instructions
- Selection of the most appropriate package
Marking and Labeling:
- Proper selection of marks and labels
- Proper application of marks and labels
- Requirements for completing the IATA Shippers’ Declaration form
- Record retention requirements
- Review of changes to the most recent edition of the IATA regulations
Students will receive a workbook that will reference and summarize the IATA Regulations. Copies of the IATA regulations will not be provided for the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own with them. Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a training certificate which satisfies the requirements of the IATA regulations 126.96.36.199 and 49 CFR §172.704(d).
Upcoming Course Dates
|Event Dates||Location *||Event Registration|
|To Be Determined||Your Facility||Request Form|