Air Transportation (IATA) Recertification Training
This half-day online refresher course provides students with the basic skills needed to prepare, offer and accept shipments of dangerous goods by air transport. This course will provide students the knowledge and background necessary to satisfy recurrent training requirements based on the International Air Transport Association (IATA) regulations and 49 CFR, Code of Federal Regulations.
As a prerequisite, students should have already taken initial or recurrent training within the previous 24 months.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Purpose and Scope
- History of the Regulation
- Relationship between 49 CFR and the IATA and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) regulations
- Structure of the Regulation
- Training Requirements
- General Requirements for Shippers
- Overview of Hazard Class Definitions
- Use of IATA Dangerous Goods List and Special Provisions
- How to select the correct Proper Shipping Name
- Use of Packaging Instructions
- Selection of the most appropriate package
Marking and Labeling:
- Proper selection of marks and labels
- Proper application of marks and labels
- Requirements for completing the IATA Shippers’ Declaration form
- Record retention requirements
- Review of changes to the most recent edition of the IATA regulations
Students will receive a workbook that will reference and summarize the IATA Regulations. Copies of the IATA regulations will not be provided for the class, but students are encouraged to bring their own with them. Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a training certificate which satisfies the requirements of the IATA regulations 188.8.131.52 and 49 CFR §172.704(d).
This course qualifies for recertification points for both ABIH and CHMMs. Contact the Training Coordinator (
Upcoming Course Dates
* - Location link contains directions/accommodation information
|Event Dates||Location *||Event Registration|
|To Be Determined||Your Facility||Request Form|
- All full day courses run from 8:30 am – 4:30pm. Half day courses will run from 8:30 am – noon.
- All slides, handouts and manuals are included in the course price where applicable.
- Lunch during full day courses is included.
- All travel expenses to and from the ChemADVISOR facilities, including hotel expenses,are not included in the course price.
- Payment is due in advance of the scheduled course date.
- Click here regarding pricing for this or any of our other courses.
- For more training information:
14 days prior to start of course - Full refund
7 days prior to start of course - 50% refund
Less than 7 days - no refund
ChemADVISOR reserves the right to reschedule training up to two weeks prior to the scheduled course start date.